859 London Drive, Milpitas
Historic Curtner-Weller Ranch , also known as Rancho Higuera in Milpitas, Santa Clara County, part of the original Rancho Tularcitos. Stately palms wave high above, marking the traditional location of the ranch house. The five bedroom, four and a half bath main house of approximately 5,000 square feet was built in 1900, designed by noted architect William Binder, and is a classic example of the Italian Renaissance style of architecture. The main house could be modernized and used for many purposes, including a club house, a civic venue, a main residence or a private retreat. The ranch features 3 smaller residences, 7 older barns, a stable, paddocks and machine shop. Privately located and set in heirloom gardens where quail and dove abound, there is a “secret garden” feel to the property that invites you to stroll around the once formal and functional paths leading to ponds, arbors and lemon trees. Established in the early days of the Santa Clara Valley, this 192 acre oasis, owned by the same family since 1868, is now available and ready to be enjoyed by a new era of Silicon Valley owners. The 6 acre pond currently supports bass & bluegill, mallards, egrets, a family of geese, herons and other waterfowl. Red tail hawks soar above pastures where cattle and deer still roam. Once a working ranch and farm, the Curtner-Weller Ranch with it’s beautiful rolling hillsides and pastures is adjacent to the fabulous Summitpointe Golf Course.