As a 30-year Malibu resident and homeowner, Mary Ellen Sherry brings a diverse set of qualifications and skills to her role as an Estate Properties Specialist. Her strong financial background, coupled with her in-depth knowledge of Malibu’s schools, coastal and canyon neighborhoods, home construction and permit process, and local real estate market trends, arm her with the expertise for negotiating and servicing the purchase or sale of your valuable real estate investment.
Mary Ellen relocated to Malibu from New York City in 1987 with Goldman Sachs to help savings and loan banks hedge their interest rate risk. Along with her husband, a media executive, they immediately fell in love with Malibu’s unique beach community, lifestyle and weather. Their two daughters attended Malibu’s excellent public schools from kindergarten through high school. Mary Ellen served as a PTA Board Representative for six years and has since remained involved in Malibu’s education and civic causes.
Mary Ellen’s highlights include:
- First-hand experience with the unique and often complex Malibu real estate market
- Personal experience building and remodeling homes
- Key relationships with local architects, builders and planning experts
- Consultative business approach
- Reputation as one the most informed and committed realtors in Malibu
- Over 16 years as a real estate agent