A superb and spacious, custom-designed residence off Fifth Avenue on a quiet, tree-lined street. The Capitol was designed in 1910 by George and Edward Blum, noted designers of artistic apartment houses, incorporating Beaux-Arts tradition with Art Nouveau and Arts & Crafts details with the use of unusual glazed terracotta motifs. An extensive restoration of the lobby was recently completed.
A generous Gallery leads to a beautifully proportioned, light-filled Living Room featuring 9’5” ceilings, fine decorative moldings, hardwood floors and windows overlooking the townhouse gardens to the west. The adjacent Dining Room/Library opens to the sun-flooded, south-facing Chef’s Kitchen featuring a Viking Range and marble counter. A pair of over-sized, lacquered doors open onto the large corner Master Bedroom and luxurious bathroom, with limestone tile and travertine countertop. An exceptionally elegant residence, offered in excellent condition. Part-time doorman, resident superintendent.
# of Rooms: 3
# of Bedrooms: 1
# of Full Bathrooms: 1