- Change Currency:
1 of 14
SOUTHAMPTON VILLAGE “PIED A TERRE” ON WALL STREET Own a part of Southampton history. This private co-op building 30 Wall Street is also known as Captain Howells House. Constructed originally in 1688, the building was moved between 1909 and 1916 from its location on Main Street to one of the village’s first side streets, Wall Street. Lieutenant Richard Post and Captain Charles Howell, both original settlers of Southampton Village lived here. The list of historic figures that owned and lived in 30 Howell Street continues with Henry Post, who bought the home in 1914. Later, it was owned by the Schwenk family who kept it for the next 52. Even today, upon entering what is now 30 Wall Street, the sense of history is evident everywhere, in carved moldings, cloth-encased doors, carved wooden banisters, and brass details. One of the largest units in the building, Unit 6, at 1000 sq. ft., is located on the second floor. Its spacious and easy-flow layout begins with a large foyer. Straight ahead, the kitchen with ample storage is flooded with natural light from a large window. A guest bedroom and full-sized bath occupy a corner of the unit, just to the left of the kitchen. Opposite, the open dining and living room comprise the common space, and beyond the corner-room master bedroom suite, like the guest bedroom features two walls of windows and sliding glass door to a Juliette balcony. Spend your day shopping at the Village stores, dining out, golfing, or sunbathing at Coopers beach. The unit’s basement storage area is great for storing bicycles and golf clubs.