130 Grant Avenue
The Lily Walker at 130 Grant Avenue. Grant Avenue in the 1800's was known as the road from the Plaza to Tesuque. In 1886 John Watts is noted on the Hartman map, as the owner of the property that included 130 Grant Ave. John was the president of the SF Writers Group and a member of the Historical Society. He worked at the Second National Bank. The story of his arrival to Santa Fe can be found in the book Adios New Mexico, Santa Fe Journal of John Watts 1859. John's father, John Sebrie Watts, was a US assistant Justice to the US court in the territory of NM and a friend of President Lincoln. The 1886 map shows a different configuration for the improvements than exists today and it seems all of those improvements were torn down. The house as see today appears for the first time in the Sanborn map of 1902. In that year, Lily Walker purchased the property for $708.00. The style of the house, Colonial Revival/Free Classic has remained unchanged & is considered an excellent, intact example.