Rare opportunity for a prime retail location in Taos. This historic adobe building next to the Taos Inn (on the National Registry) was built in the late 1700's and is at the absolute center of all automobile and foot traffic in the downtown area. The back of this building was the location of the former blacksmith shop where legend has it Ernest Blumenschein and Bert Phillips came to have their broken wagon wheel fixed and subsequently started the Taos Society of Artist. The space, most recently occupied as an art gallery, has beautiful wood floors, 3 kiva fireplaces, beamed ceilings and rifle windows,all characteristic of the time period. The side yard on Barela st. wuld make a wonderful sculpture garden and/or additional entrance to the building.
Pueblo Revival Style