Classic Spanish Colonial Home
This graceful Mission Canyon Spanish Colonial home on approx. .47 acre, originally built in 1920, has been extensively updated with a new kitchen, three new baths, new copper gutters and downspouts, and refinished interior and exterior surfaces. Once ascribed to architect George Washington Smith, this two-story, approx. 3,000 square foot home has inviting interior rooms opening onto a central atrium with original fountain and stonework. The home retains many original details and all its charm, with fireplaces in the kitchen, family room and living room. The formal dining room has original built-in cabinetry and massive wood ceiling beams. Original wood beams also grace the living room and dining room giving these rooms an air of solidity and comfort. Adhering to the original Lockwood de Forest landscape design, the grounds have been extensively replanted and renewed. Roosevelt School is nearby as is the Santa Barbara Mission, the Natural History Museum and the Rose Garden.