Mobile: (831) 238-3980
Office: (831) 624-1566
Fax: (831) 624-1651
Email this Agent
Susan Layne offers exceptional real estate services in Carmel and throughout Monterey County. Susan brings a wealth of real estate experience to Sotheby’s International Realty, having worked successfully for a variety of real estate owners and investors, both public and private, for decades.
Susan’s passion for real estate took hold while majoring in real estate and land use at California State University Sacramento, and she first became licensed as a realtor in the early 1980s. Joining a commercial real estate company as a senior in college marked the beginning of a highly successful career in the industry.
Susan’s property management career included working for prominent Bay Area firms Prometheus Development Company, Trammell Crow, and Cornish & Carey Commercial Real Estate. In the recent past, she spent 5 years as a residential appraiser, providing her with a heightened ability to assess the market value of a property which allows her clients to make more informed decisions.
Born and raised in Palo Alto, Susan has strong, long-term ties to the Monterey Peninsula. Marrying at a relative’s home, Rancho San Jose y Sur Chiquito, on the Big Sur Coast in 1987, Susan and her husband sailed their Newport41 from the Monterey Harbor for many years. They raised their son in the Bay Area, and he is now a student at UC San Diego. Several years ago Susan moved to Sea Meadow at Rocky Point in Carmel, where she loves living next to the ocean.
Susan Layne’s Key Accomplishments:
• Majored in Real Estate and Land Use in the School of Business at California /State University Sacramento
• Graduated summa cum laude in Paralegal Studies, De Anza College
• Interned as a Paralegal in the Entrepreneurial Initiatives Technology Partnerships Office at NASA Ames Research Center
• Earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, College of Notre Dame, Belmont, California
• Over 19 years as a professional property manager, achieving the designation of Certified Property Manager, CPM from the Institute of Real Estate Management of the National Association of Realtors
• Regional Manager for Prometheus Development Company for 4 years, bringing thousands of Silicon Valley Class A apartment homes from construction sign-off through lease-up to stabilized occupancy
• Capstone of property management career, 5 years as Vice President of Residential Property Management for SARES-REGIS Group, a subsidiary of Regis Homes
“I’m grateful every day to live in one of the most magnificent, magically beautiful places on earth, and am delighted to share the experience of life on the Monterey Peninsula with my clients.”
“A good heart and a good head are always a formidable combination”
~ Nelson Mandela